Today I had three hours between classes and so I took myself off to the Lifeline Bookfest. What a wonderful way to start the week! I collected a heap of new treasures, including:
- A hardcover 'Early Reader' Heidi, printed in Czechoslovakia
- 1974 "Pluto Pup Goes To Sea" Little Golden Book, once belonging to a (but probably not 'the') James Brown
- The ABC of Hand Lettering, beautifully authored by Carl Holmes
- A February 1955 edition of "Home Chat" magazine, full of household tips, thrilling short stories and, interestingly, no less than five advertisements for remedies treating fatigue and depression. Right next to the ads for laundry powder...
- A sweet-looking German children's book featuring a horse wearing rollerskates on the cover.
Here's hoping that your week started off as well as mine!